Monday, August 25, 2008

Gladney Approved & Final Copy of Home Study

Came home today and found a FedEx package on the door step. Inside was a certificate stating Sarah and I were officially approved for adoptive placement! In addition were two copies of our home study. One for our files, and another to be used in our dossier packet.

While this certificate does NOT place us on the waiting list for referral, it does put us one step closer. The home study was the last thing we needed for our I600-A application. We hope to get a letter in a few weeks with a date for us to travel to Oklahoma City (CIS)for fingerprints. Once we receive CIS approval (I-171H), we can then take all the paperwork we have compiled and send off for authentication. Once the paperwork has been authenticated on the U.S. side, we will then be on the "waiting list".

As we continue along in the process we will explain the process in more detail, and give more specific updates.


J

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Do I really get to be the first to comment?!!! So glad you started this blog and I am so excited to see you bring home your baby. You two are going to make such phenomenal parents! What a fun surprise on your doorstep...

Jocelyn said...

Hey there, I hear you are in Tulsa too!! Amy Bottomly let me know!! Congrats on being approved..that is so exciting. My daughter has been home a little over 6 months now. I just started a new blog actually, if you email me I'll give you the password, I made it private. You can still see my old blog though from here!! We are having a welcome home party for another little girl "Medina", at the Queen on 9/6 if you'd like to come. There should be about 8 or 9 families there.
My email is jocbro@cox.net
Kerri, Medina and Ruby also live here in Tulsa!!

veggiemom said...

Just wanted to say hi from another Tulsa family. Hope to see you at Medina's welcome home party.
Kerri, medina, and Ruby