Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Almost 7 months

We are coming up on 7 months this week for the wait list time. We have had mixed feelings in this process. Sometimes feeling like the time is going by so fast, but at other times questioning why it takes so long. We have several big celebration over the next month. First is Sarah 26th birthday this week. Then in the middle of August we will celebrate our 6 year anniversary. Hopefully we will also be celebrating being parents! Until we get the phone call, we can only wait and pray for the safety and well being of our child.

It is funny how I have began to look at babies over the past few months. Now, when I see a baby I think to myself, "I wonder if my son/daughter is doing the same thing", "I wonder if my baby has the same size foot, cute nose, smile, etc". Until you get the referral, the baby seems to just be a fuzzy gray figure in my mind. I want to see details, I want it to be as clear as the waters of Cozumel, I want to hear their laugh, see their smile. But until that day....

J

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I am so excited and can't wait to read your referral post...SOON!!!

Heidi said...

Hang in there, it won't be long now. I hope you get the call soon!

Heidi

Freda said...

The call is coming soon. Maybe I’ll see you in Ethiopia!!!

The Brown Family
Wait list 12-18-09

Amber said...

Hello,

My name is Amber and a mutual friend, Debbie Davis gave me your name when she found out that you are adopting from Ethiopia. We adopted from Ethiopia and brought home our girl 5 months ago. are you part of the Ethiopia DFW group?
We meet monthly...Anyway, I hope you get your referral soon. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Amber
www.boydadoption.com