Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Abierto!

Abierto... Spanish for open. Going back to my school days and Spanish class for this post.

Courts are now open. Email went out today that Ethiopian courts have officially resumed as of this week. Dates have not been assigned as of yet, but good to hear that things are rolling.

I have decided to keep an open-mind as we move through this final stage of the adoption process. I usually like doing the research for a project, vacation, purchase, etc. then go about completing it my way. For this, I have decided I will first and foremost surrender all control and hand over to God as we move forward. All the different integral issues will come together in HIS timing, not mine.

Also, I am open to suggestions/tips as we prepare for travel to Addis. So please if you have any comments, send my way.

Finally, I had the opportunity today to grab some great Ethiopian food in DFW area at the Queen of Sheeba in Addison as they happened to be open as I passed through at lunch time. I had the opportunity to speak with the owner and another waitress for a while and pick their brain on Ethiopia. I always enjoy these opportunities.

Until the good news of a court date arrives!

J

1 comment:

Shannon Plumb said...

Sarah-
I just wanted to say hello. My husband and I are now on the waiting list (for 5 days:)). I have been keeping up with your blog and have really enjoyed reading back through your journey! Excited for you as you prepare to travel and praying God blesses the rest of your journey to you son!!
Shannon Plumb