Friday, November 20, 2009

This week!!

Our travel dates to Ethiopia are December 7th-14th, but we decided going to pick up our son wasn't crazy enough for this trip. We will actually be leaving November 27th (1 week from today, YIKES!!) and going to Cairo, Egypt to visit some friends who live there for a little over a week. So the list of things is quickly growing of the have to get dones before we leave. I never dreamed with the court date being pushed back a week we would get this travel date. So in a week we are attempting to paint his room, get it all set up, pack, figure what in the world we still need for him, decorate for Christmas (we'll be getting back on the 14th and might have our hands a little full so want it done before we get back), pack, wrap things up at our jobs, pack, say goodbye to family that will be moving while we are gone, purchase the humanitarian aid items, oh and did I mention pack (no idea what to pack, I just know that has to be on the list somewhere). Please pray that we don’t forget anything, and that we don’t stress over little things. We have family and friends that have been great and offered to help where they can. Though it is hard for me to accept help we really appreciate it.

S

6 comments:

Keri Mason said...

Hey guys...so excited for yall. Just a little advice, from a mommy who WAY overpacked when we adopted...take about half of what you think you'll need for him :0) Especially if he's in an area where you can buy things there.

Unknown said...

So fun!!!! So excited for ya'll!!! So glad you're making the trip to Cairo!!! Will you take pics/video of our baby girl for us!!! email me and I'll give you all her info!!!

Freda said...

That is good news, have a safe trip. What an awesome Chritmas present.

Larsen Family said...

So exciting. I can't wait to meet him. I know you will have an amazing time and all things work for good for those who love HIM. Take a deep breath and realize that it will work out.

April said...

hey dear friend. i hope you have an AMAZING trip. bummed i won't see you, but so so excited for you! let's have a skype date with you AND silas when you get home :)

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness, where have I been?! I completely missed your last post and just now watched the video. He is just perfect and I am so happy for you guys!! Good luck with the packing and preparations!!!